April 27, 2011

Before and After........

   I am going to post some before and after pictures.  The before pictures are myself with Lily when she was 2 days old.  These were taken when I first got to see her at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.  They are from the day before her first surgery....

Me holding Lily at CHOP for the first time.....
Me and my Lily posing for the camera.....

The next two pictures are Lily right after her Norwood procedure surgery.  I don't think anything can prepare you to see your child in this way.  I apologize for the graphic nature of these pictures, but it is what these kids look like in their most vulnerable moments.  It may sound cliche', but whenever I get down on myself too much, I look at these pictures to remind me of everything we have been blessed with, and how far Lily has come......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment